Mission and Vision
- Mission: To lead employers to create a workplace culture of health and wellness.
- Vision: To lead Omaha and other Midland companies and communities to become America’s healthiest by:
- Educating companies on the well workplace standards.
- Recognizing companies for achievement of excellence in health promotion at the workplace.
- Consulting with companies and communities to develop and improve their workplace wellness programs.
What we do
- The Wellness Council of the Midlands (WELCOM) was established in 1982 and is dedicated to promoting health and wellness throughout the workplaces in the Omaha community. The organization holds three well workplace universities a year to educate members on creating a foundation for their wellness programs. In addition WELCOM provides entertaining and educational opportunities throughout the year to further enhance wellness promotion in the community.
Who We Are
- Rebecca Vinton Dorn - Executive Director
- Rebecca served as the Associate Director at the Wellness Council of the Midlands from 1996-2011, and currently serves as WELCOM's Executive Director. Her background includes a B.A. from the University of South Dakota and a Master's Degree in Health Education from the University of Nebraska at Omaha.
- Beth Pirnie - Associate Executive Director
- Beth is the Associate Director at the Wellness Council of the Midlands. Her background includes a B.S. in Community Health from Truman State University and a Master's Degree in Community & Behavioral Public Health from the University of Iowa. She is a Certified Health Education Specialist.
- Danielle LeGrande - Program Coordinator
- Danielle is the Program Coordinator at the Wellness Council of the Midlands. Danielle has her B.A. in General Studies with a minor in Non-Profit from the University of Northern Iowa.
WELCOM Board of Directors
- Chair: Mike Foutch, First National Bank
- Daniel Archuleta, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Nebraska
- Jill Ballard, Mutual of Omaha
- Dr. Deb Carlson, Nebraska Methodist College, Josie Harper Campus
- Lindsay Cosimano, Cquence Healthgroup
- Howard Daubert, Physicians Mutual
- Gray Derrick, Baird Holm, LLP
- William M. Kizer, Central States Indemnity
- Alan Kohll, Total Wellness
- Steve Letak, First Comp/ Aspen Holding
- Dr. Kyle Meyer, University of Nebraska Medical Center
- Doug Obermier, Kiewit Corporation
- Carey Petersen, Pfizer, Inc.
- Nat Ponticello, The Nebraska Medical Center
- Dorla Ray, Valmont Industries, Inc.
- Esther Scarpello, University of Nebraska at Omaha
- Mart Sedky, Omaha Public Power District
- Brett Sesker, SilverStone Group
- Nancy Wallace, Alegent Health
- Dr. Tanya Winegard, Creighton University
- Marcy Zauha, Union Pacific Railroad