KICKS OFF MAY 8, 2021
IN 2021, TREK IS HITTING THE ROAD!
While we hope that the introduction of the COVID-19 vaccine and continued safe practices will soon see a significant reduction in cases in Nebraska and nationwide, The Wellbeing Partners along with First National Bank of Omaha has made the difficult decision to conduct Trek Up the Tower 2021 in a virtual format. There are many reasons supporting this decision, including best practice to address ongoing safety concerns as well as FNBO’s own timeline for reintroducing work-from-home employees to the Tower. Out of respect for our sponsors, partners, staff, volunteers, and participants, we are confident this is the best choice for this year. We don’t make this decision lightly, since we love holding our event in the Tower and we know you do, too!
That said, we are excited about the new opportunities the unique format will provide. This virtual event will be more inclusive of whole families and people of all abilities, while still accommodating corporate and community teams, individual performance goals and achievement, community camaraderie, volunteerism, friendly competition, and personal and organizational wellbeing.
Our theme for this virtual year is “Wish You Were Here,” and we will have fun creating this virtual event even as we look forward to seeing you in person at the First National Tower in 2022.
Here are some quick details about Trek 2021:
- May 8 will kick off a multi-week challenge period, during which registrants can complete challenges related to familiar Tower distances, including the Trek Challenge of 40 floors and the more rigorous Vertical Mile Challenge.
- Registration will open in March at reduced rates, and will include options to register without swag, to register with swag, family registration, and Vertical Mile registration. All registration categories will receive access to the Trek Challenge and event platform features. Organizations will be able to sign up for discount and comp codes and create teams in advance of registration, the same as the in-person event.
- The event will be conducted through a platform.
- Tracking will be submitted through the platform via app-syncing or self-reporting. Although we will not be offering cash prizes for top finishers, finisher’s prizes and raffle opportunities will be provided to all registrants as applicable.
- Corporate and Community teams will be available.
- Lots of fun details to come!
While we would prefer to see you in person, we are already confident that this year will be a lot of fun, and we have so many new things in the works. Stay tuned to learn more, and plan to join this unique Trek Up the Tower in May!
For more information on the virtual event, please click here.
Please note, because we want to continue to educate people on Trek Up the Tower, some details on this website will continue to describe an in-person event and may not apply to the 2021 virtual Trek. To be sure you are reading something that applies to 2021, please visit the 2021 Virtual Event Page.
KICKS OFF MAY 8, 2021
Trek Up the Tower: Presented by The Wellbeing Partners
Trek Up the Tower is the region’s leading vertical stair climb. A community event presented by The Wellbeing Partners, Trek Up the Tower supports The Wellbeing Partners' mission to build wellbeing into the way communities grow and do business.”
Participants race to the top of First National Tower in downtown Omaha in this competitive, yet fun event. Trek is ideal for all fitness levels and attracts everyone from elite athletes who race to the top, to participants who are looking to accomplish a personal goal as they climb the stairs slow and steady.
Password for downloading images is "power"
BENEFITING THE WELLBEING PARTNERS
Trek Up the Tower raises money to support The Wellbeing Partners' mission of building wellbeing into the way communities grow and do business.
Whether you are participating on your own, as part of a corporate team or are looking to join a community team; we have you covered!
Event Overview and Rules
Trek Up the Tower is a competitive, yet fun community event. We have a few simple rules to ensure a safe environment for everyone!
Looking to make your mark at Trek Up the Tower? We offer several awards in both individual, age and team categories.
Looking to recap your 2020 journey? View the official times from the 2020 event.
2020 Event Photos
Looking to recap your 2020 journey? 2020 event photos available now!
We are grateful to the media for helping showcase our event and participants.